A Magazine Like No Other
At a readership of over 90,000, Khabar is one of the largest publications in the U.S. for Indian-Americans and South Asians. Started in 1992 (going on 24 years), our robust, 140-plus pages, full-color print magazine is a dynamic force in the community we serve.
Besides being cited in the “Best of Atlanta” annual issue of Atlanta magazine, Khabar has received several awards for its content and design from publishing and journalism organizations.
Original, exclusive interviews of significant and relevant Indians and Indian-Americans is a dominant theme in the magazine. Here is a partial list of our many interviews.
Our content has three broad categories: (1) The Indian community of metro-Atlanta, (2) The national Indian-American diaspora, & (3) Broad (macro) themes from India and Indian culture and society.
Even though based in metro-Atlanta, our print magazine serves a readership of about 90,000 readers in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina (the states where we offer a FREE subscription).
(Atlanta serves as a nucleus for Indians living in these areas—a go-to destination for live shows and concerts, grocery shopping, Bollywood movies on the big-screen, dining, and other events and shopping for the Indian diaspora).
The website (www.khabar.com) offers the content of the print magazine with additional reports and details, a Digital Edition of the print version, an Events listing and calendar for the metro area, community press releases, and more.
At a glance:
- Close to 30,000 copies published each month (serving a readership of over 90,000).
- Thought-provoking, award-wining articles by some of the diaspora’s best writers on identity, assimilation, local and national Indian-American trends, stories, and personalities.
- The most inclusive and vibrant coverage of the metro-Atlanta Indian community through regular segments like: Events Calendar, Around Town, Community Newsmakers, Spotlight, etc. (Our articles and editorials hold an effective mirror to the community, so that readers see themselves—often literally—in the magazine.)
- The magazine caters to a wide spectrum of the community—from new immigrants to those of the second and third generation.
- A strong following amongst the larger South Asian community of the region: Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Nepalis, Sri-Lankans, etc.
- A weekly e-blast (every Thursday) of upcoming community events to over 9000 of the most active movers and shakers of the metro Atlanta community. To subscribe to this FREE events email, called "eKhabar," Click Here.
- Despite our name which means “To know” or “News” we are not a news publication, but rather a features magazine.
To subscribe to the magazine, Click Here. To find out more about advertising opportunities, Click Here (Many of our advertisers have been advertising with us consistently for several years! Find out what they know.)
We thank you for your interest in Khabar. For more information, please contact us at 770-451-3067 or by email: info@Khabar.com.