Shiva Durga Temple of Atlanta feels immensely happy to invite you and your family to join us for Arudra Darshan (Thiruvadhirai) on Dec 23 2018 and seek blessings from Lord Natraja.
Arudhra Dharshan otherwise known as Thriuvathirai falls in the month of Margazhi on the full moon night when the star Thiruvathirai also falls on the same day. It is celebrated in worship of Lord Shiva who has taken the dancing form of Nataraja with His left leg raised and right leg rested on the demon ego. Arudhra Dharshan is considered as the birthday of Lord Shiva because on this day of Lord’s ecstatic dance, His energy is very close to the earth and hence it is believed to be His birth day. In any temple where Shiva is worshipped in the form of Nataraja with Parvathy as Sivagami, people celebrate Arudhra Dharshan in a grand scale with abishekams and poojas and decorate the Lord and Goddess for a grand procession .The devotees who take a Dharshan of the deity in His dance posture gain His grace to a large extent and seek the path of liberation. In temples a holy shower to the God with precious gems is performed on the night before the day of Arudhra Dharshan.
Below is the Schedule:
Thursday & Friday (11/08 & 11/09):
- 10:30 AM: Rudra Abhishekam, Veda Pranayama, Pancha Mukha Archana, Upacharam and Aarti
- 4:00 PM: Thirumurani Pranayama
- 5:00 PM: Carnatic Music by Jaidev(vocal), Aditya (Violin), Karthikeyan(Mrithangam)
- 6:00 PM: Nritya performance by Bharathakala Naatya Academy
- 6:30 PM: Special Pooja to Lord Natraja
- 7:00 PM: Maha Aarti and Prasadam
Sponsorship - $31
Opposite 2611 Bethelview Dr, Cumming, GA 30040