|Please accept this invitation to join us for Chai & Just Chat, 'Who is the I in the MIgrant ImmIgrant EmIgrant CitIzen: ConflIct, InsecurIty, ResilIence & PolIcy'. No cost to participate. Open to the public. Registration deadline is April 23, 2018,
The proposed panel discussion at the Chai & Just Chat will discuss the range of questions & perspectives on immigration through local and regional immigration law experts, local officials, entrepreneurs and immigrant community advocates & citizens.
The first session panel will discuss the current status, challenges and solutions for
The second session panel will discuss the current status, challenges and solutions for
- Family-sponsored immigration
- Employment-based non-immigrant visas & Immigrant petitions H1B, L1, E-1, E-2, O, TN, J, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3
- Diversity visa lottery, U visa
- Temporary admissions, visitors, temporary workers, students.
- Visa backlogs
Discussions will explore scenarios and focus on the spectrum of visa issues, and the challenges, responses and the opportunities for the next generation of entrepreneurs. Subject matter experts will participate in a timely conversations on the answers to questions on
- H1B to Green Card (PERM, I140, I485)
- Investment visa (EB5)
- Greed card to Citizenship
- Status, Out of Status, Timelines
- Solutions & Destressors
Laws and policies related to immigration, work visas, compliance and naturalization. A few of the topics that will be discussed are employment based immigration, family based immigration employer compliance, immigration litigation, and last but not the least, pathway to citizenship and being a citizen.
The power of public dialogue between immigration lawyers, government officials, law professors, law and enforcement officers, entrepreneurs and community advocates will offer their thoughts on contributions and challenges faced by immigrants, immigration policies, responses to the policies, economic security of families in the past, present and possible futures.
What’s in it for you:
After the Chai & Just Chat, it is anticipated that we will accomplish the following:
Findings, conclusions and action plans resulting from our Chai & Just Chat will help promote broader understanding, forge common ground, to be prepared, leverage available resources.
- Share resources will build knowledge on the factors that are in and out of immigrants’ control
- Insights to the vision for American society in the 21st century
- Action steps to address challenges faced by immigrants, immigration policies, responses to the policies
- Economic security for families in the past, present and possible futures