Global Atlanta’s monthly Consular Conversations series sponsored by Miller & Martin PLLC continues as the editorial team interviews Dr. Swati Vijay Kulkarni, consul general of India.
Potential Topics of Discussion:
- Recap of CG’s first year in Atlanta
- Indian investment developments
- Fintech opportunities in the world’s largest democracy
- Modi’s mandate: Recent elections in India
- Make in India update: Tapping India’s manufacturing potential
- Regulatory reforms improving India’s business environment
- Indian government’s views on Kashmir developments
- Catered light lunch with soft drinks
- One-on-one conversation with the Global Atlanta editorial team, followed by moderated audience Q&A
- Discussion covered by Global Atlanta and published in a later article
Dr. Swati Vijay Kulkarni is a career diplomat who holds M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree from the prestigious Government Medical College, Nagpur in India. She joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1995.
Prior to her appointment as Consul General, Consulate General of India, Atlanta, she served as Regional Passport Officer, Mumbai, Maharashtra (2014-2018), Consul General in CGI Cape Town- South Africa (2012-2014), Deputy Head of Mission in Muscat, Oman (2008-2012).
Dr. Kulkarni’s previous overseas assignments were First Secretary in High Commission of India, London (2005-2008), where she successfully worked as a nodal officer for preventing discrimination for Indian Medical Graduates after the implementation of new UK Immigration rules; First Secretary in the High Commission of India, Port Louis, Mauritius (2001-2003); and as a Third Secretary (Language Trainee) in Embassy of India, Spain (1997-1998).
At Headquarters, Dr. Kulkarni worked as an Additional Private Secretary to the External Affairs Minister and later deputed as Regional Passport Officer, Pune, Maharashtra (1998-2001) and as Under Secretary looking after Austria, Cyprus, Greece, Slovenia, Switzerland, Liechtenstein & Holy See, Malta, Portugal, Ireland and Spain (2003-2005).
Dr. Kulkarni is married to Mr. Vijay Jayant Kulkarni who is a Merchant Mariner by profession and has two daughters.
Her interests include study of developmental issues, swimming, and tennis.