POSTPONED: Guided Tour of Northern India Nov 2020
Guided Tour of Northern India, Nov 2020
India with Professor Joyce Flueckiger and Ingram Senior Director of Education Elizabeth Hornor, November 2020
This tour of the art and architecture of Northern India will focus on the artistic splendor created by diverse religious traditions in India and include stops in Delhi, Gujarat, Udaipur, Amritsar, and Mumbai.
Due to travel concerns (coronavirus pandemic), the Carlos Museum has postponed the fall 2020 trip to Northern India. We are grateful to all who weighed in on this decision. Stay tuned as we work on new travel dates for a November 2021 trip.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Hornor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore the art and culture of India
Travel to Northern India with Elizabeth Hornor, Ingram Senior Director of Education, and Emory professor Dr. Joyce Flueckiger, of the Department of Religion, November 3-16 to explore the art and culture of India's four major religious groups—Jains, Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs.
Stops will include:
- Delhi, to visit the Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, historic Sundar Gardens, and the National Museum
- Amritsar, to tour the Golden Temple
- Udaipur, where travelers will visit a miniature painting atelier and celebrate Diwali in a private home
- Agra, to visit the Taj Majal and the exquisite tomb of Itmad Ud Daulah
- Varanasi, for an extraordinary experience of the Ganges River at sunrise and the Ghats
- Sarnath, to see where the Buddha delivered his first teaching
Trip cost per person: USD $7,530 (shared room)
Single room supplement: USD $1,800
Tax deductible donation to the Carlos Museum: $300
A nonrefundable deposit of $3,835 is due by Friday, March 6, to Currie and Company.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Hornor at 404-727-6118.