ICA: Intercultural Competency Training
The ICA Institute in collaboration with Berlitz Corporation would like to invite you to participate in a workshop on Intercultural Competency (IC). The duration of the workshop will be approximately 3 hours. We are offering free training to first 50 qualified participants.
Intercultural Competency Training
Have You Ever:
- Walked into an Indian home with your shoes on?
- Wondered why meetings do not start on time in India or China?
- Left a tip of less than 15 percent at a restaurant in the United States?
- Introduced yourself by your first name and no other credentials in a business meeting with an Indian or Chinese associate?
- Focused your conversation on the three "T"s (Tibet, Taiwan, and Tiananmen) in China?
- Engaged in conversation with only certain individuals in a group setting?
- Made eye contact with female members in a group meeting with both genders present in India or China?
- Showed up at a meeting more than a few minutes late in the United States without giving advance notice and/or apologizing profusely?
If you answered “yes” to any of the items above, you may need to consider participating in one of the ICA Institute's Intercultural Competency programs to learn more about Indian, Chinese and North American cultures.
The ICA Institute - in partnership with TMC - is offering an Intercultural Competency workshop for conference participants on a first come first served basis.
In This Workshop, You Will
- Establish a common vocabulary around cultural differences
- Learn how to identify and bridge cultural gaps as you work with your colleagues from India, China, and America
- Develop Strategies to continue your journey to cultural competence
This Program is Available For
- Intact Teams
- Managers Leading Across Geographies
How to Register
The ICA Institute - in collaboration with TMC - is providing free intercultural competency training to the first 50 qualified applicants.
If you are interested in any of these workshops please email Pamila Dembla at email@example.com.
Director, India China America (ICA) Institute
Associate Professor of Information Systems
Division of Global Affairs
Kennesaw State University