Pongal Cultural program
Let’s celebrate 2019 Pongal with family and friends. This year, we are again looking for exciting program entries for the first and one of the biggest functions of the year!! If you have an idea for a performance or you want to participate in an event, please take a moment to register your entry! GATS committee will review and help you in your efforts to making this a great event.
To register, please read the guidelines below and click the "Register your Program Entry" button at the bottom of this page.
- Each participating entry should have a minimum of 6+ participants.
- Entries are limited, accepted first come, first serve. All the entries must be received before the deadline of Jan 5th, 2019. We will be closing the registration earlier, if we have enough registrations are received by then.
- All the entries will be accepted on first come first serve basis.
- Coordinators will be receiving an email confirmation, once their slot is confirmed.
- Costumes/Dance movements and concept should be age appropriate and should adhere to our Tamil culture and GATS Media policy
- Participants cannot participate in more than one cultural event.
- All music/video/presentation files/emcee info/participant list for your program should be provided by the coordinator in the sheets that will be shared by the Cultural Team.
- The maximum time per dance program is 3 minutes.
- Medleys time allowed will be 5 minutes for Dance and Music. GATS Cultural Committee restricts the number of Medley entries to accommodate the group entries to balance the interest expressed.
- Repetition of a song in medley is allowed only for the first two entries. In the case of the third entry, coordinators of the later submissionmust change the song.
- Repetitions of Full songs are not allowed. In the case of such situation, the coordinator of the later submission must change the song.
- The maximum time per skit/drama is 10 minutes and it is strongly recommended that you pre-record the dialogues. Entries are limited for drama and accepted on first come, first serve.
- Program coordinators are responsible for giving the participant’s current membership information, collecting non-members fee (Which can also be paid through GATS webpage) and signed waiver forms from all participants/parents, which should be sent to us with Music file before deadline date.
- GATS Cultural Committee reserves the right to make the final decision.
- Only 2 volunteers from a program will be allowed to access the backstage with given ID/Tag. (Program Coordinator and one volunteer parent)
Entries are limited, accepted first come, first serve.
Please note that the above said guidelines are subject to change by GATS Cultural Committee Team.
Please print above performance guidelines for your records. Please note that the above said date and guidelines are subject to change by GATS Cultural Committee Team.
Time limit for the program will be considered based on the requirement. If you have any special skit/programs which does not fit the above rules, please reach out to Cultural Committee for suggestions.
GATS Cultural Team 2019