WHIAPPI: Week of Action for Healthcare Enrollment
AAPI Affordable Care Act Enrollment Week of Action
WHIAAPI is teaming up with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Action for Health Justice network to hold the second AAPI Affordable Care Act Enrollment Week of Action, January 26-30. The week will include enrollment events for AAPI communities around the country, plenty of #GetCovered social media excitement, release of new in-language resources for AAPI communities to learn about the Affordable Care Act, and more!
Dates: Monday - Friday, January 26-30, 2015
Please join the White House, White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and community partners for a week-long series of enrollment events, social media action, and educational programs to encourage Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) across the country to#GetCovered through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Get involved in-person and online as we remind the AAPI community to take control of their #AAPIhealth and #GetCovered! Below are events during the week:
Webinar: Have Health Insurance? Now What? New Resources for AAPI Communities
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015 from 1pm - 2pm
- Join Dr. Cara James, Director of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Office of Minority Health; the White House Initiative on AAPIs; and the Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations to discuss how the “From Coverage to Care Initiative” can help the newly insured maximize their coverage with in-language resources for AAPI communities! Register here.
AAPI Affordable Care Act Enrollment Week of Action Stakeholder Call with U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 from 3pm - 3:30 pm
- U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy will share a special message for AAPI communities regarding their active engagement with and support of the Affordable Care Act. Register here.
#AAPIhealth Twitterstorm on National Youth Enrollment Day of Action
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 from 3pm - 4 pm
- Join a #GetCovered conversation focused on #AAPIhealth with @HHSGov, @
WhiteHouseAAPI, @apiahf, and @AAPCHOtweets! Follow using #AAPIhealth.