DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
How much do you know about current events in India and the U.S.? Try this short quiz!
1. An Indian-American art teacher at a Dallas high
school was suspended for using a squirt gun to shoot an
image of Donald Trump projected on a whiteboard during
2. Actor Kal Penn helped raise more than $850,000 for Syrian refugees in the name of a social media troll who told Penn that he didn’t belong in America.
3. A leaked draft of an executive order revealed that President Trump plans to convert the H-1B visa program to H-1A, which will stand for “Hire 1 American.”
4. Pakistan officially ended its ban on importing Indian movies.
5. An anonymous source told Times of India that Pakistan lifted its ban because Prime Minister Sharif’s daughter Asma was dying to see Kaabil on a big screen.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus