DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Apple CEO Tim Cook was granted a temporary restraining order against an Indian-American man who was allegedly stalking him.
2. After ringing the doorbell at Cook’s house in Palo Alto, California, the alleged stalker told police, “I didn’t mean to scare Mr. Cook. I just wanted to see if he has the photos that disappeared from my iPhone.”
3. Law enforcement authorities auctioned off 22 antique cars, including 12 Rolls Royces and five Bentleys, belonging to Bikram Yoga founder Bikram Choudhury, so they could pay creditors and women who have won judgments against him for sexual offenses.
4. Industrialist Ratan Tata, 82, a lifelong bachelor, revealed that he fell in love in the early 1960s while working in Los Angeles after college, but the relationship fell apart because his lady friend didn’t want to move to India with him.
5. During his visit to India, President Trump said that the Taj Mahal in Agra was “even more magnificent” than the Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino that he once owned in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
(1, 3, and 4 really happened.)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus