DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
How much do you know about current events in India and the U.S.? Try this short quiz!
1. A family in Sitarganj, Uttarakhand, found a five-foot crocodile in their bathroom.
2. Instead of wearing an inexpensive mask during the coronavirus pandemic, a Pune businessman had a $4,000 gold mask made for himself.
3. Following a request from interfaith leaders, the Mandalay Bay Casino in Las Vegas agreed to remove the Jain statue of Lord Mahavir from its Foundation Room nightclub.
4. If he’s elected president, presumptive Democratic Party nominee Joe Biden pledged to expand the H-1B program and eliminate the green card backlog.
5. If he’s re-elected president, Donald Trump pledged to eliminate the H-1B program and expand the green card backlog.
(1, 2 and 3 really happened.)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus