DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. In an attempt to set a Guinness World Record, a 25-year-old Chennai man solved six Rubik’s cubes underwater in a single breath.
2. A Karnataka industrialist created a life-size silicone statue of his late wife, so she could live in a “dream home” that she had designed before her death in a car accident in 2017.
3. A textile showroom in Tamil Nadu used a robotic mannequin to model a sari as well as offer hand sanitizer to customers.
4. More than 10,000 people signed a petition to persuade Kamala Harris to wear a sari to the presidential inauguration next January.
5. California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing filed a lawsuit against Cisco Systems for discriminating against an Indian-American engineer on the basis of his caste.
(1, 2, 3 and 5 really happened.)
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus