DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Nepalese authorities said they wanted to ban two Indian mountaineers for 10 years, after an investigation concluded they had doctored images showing them at the summit of Mount Everest.
2. The Indian government began allowing 100 percent occupancy in movie theaters from Feb. 1 but with Covid-19 protocols.
3. The Covid-19 protocols include the following guideline: “Audience may be encouraged to avoid movement during the intermission.”
4. Showing a photo of Gita Gopinath, chief economist of the International Monetary Fund, on his quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati, Amitabh Bachchan said, “She has such a beautiful face, nobody can relate her with economy.”
5. A report revealed that while Indian-Americans have an average annual household income of $120,000, surpassing all ethnic groups, seven percent live at or below the federal poverty line.
(All 5 are true.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus