DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. A 31-year old man in Assam spent more than six lakh rupees to modify his old Maruti Swift to look like a Lamborghini.
2. A survey found that 32 percent of Indian Americans identify closely with India’s BJP, while only 12 percent identify with the Congress Party
3. Two brothers riding a motorbike in Madhya Pradesh were chased by a leopard, but managed to get away by throwing a birthday cake at it.
4. A bride in Uttar Pradesh’s Auraiya district called off her wedding after discovering that the groom could not read a newspaper without wearing glasses.
5. The groom’s family accused the bride’s family of being too myopic.
(1, 2, 3 and 4 really happened)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus