DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. A film starring the body-double of Shah Rukh Khan won an award at a German film festival.
2. Tired of having to take out his vaccination certificate at airports and other places, comedian Atul Khatri reprinted the certificate on a white T-shirt.
3. The University of Illinois System announced that it would open offices in New Delhi and Bangalore to recruit students and build relationships with academic and corporate partners.
4. Telugu star Nandamuri Balakrishna caused a stir when he said of music composer AR Rahman: “He won an Oscar and I don’t even know who he is.”
5. AR Rahman responded with a tweet that said, “I don’t even know myself sometimes.”
(1, 2, 3 and 4 really happened)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus