DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Indian-American astronaut Sunita Williams voted
in November’s election by email from the International
2. A great-grandson of Mahatma Gandhi was elected to the Kansas State House of Representatives.
3. The Press Trust of India reported that among Indian-Americans in the swing states, “only 40 percent were registered to vote as rest of them was either on a temporary visa status or permanent residents.”
4. Republican George Allen did not utter the word “macaca” even once during his campaign for a Senate seat from Virginia, yet still managed to lose.
5. Playboy Enterprises announced that it will open clubs, cafes, hotels, and retail outlets in India starting this month.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus