DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. A village council in Bihar banned women from using
cell phones, saying it encourages them to have affairs.
2. Legendary sitarist Ravi Shankar and his daughter Anoushka Shankar were nominated for Grammy Awards in the same category.
3. Rajan Zed, the self-styled Hindu statesman, asked Lindsay Lohan to apologize for her remarks against gypsies.
4. Artists in Bihar painted images of Hindu deities on more than 100 trees to keep them from being cut down.
5. Rajan Zed asked the Bihar artists to apologize for painting deities on trees.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus