DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Exit poll data indicated that 96 percent of
Bangladeshi-Americans voted for President Obama last
November, compared to 91 percent of Pakistani-Americans
and 84 percent of Indian-Americans.
2. After Gurpreet Singh Sarin performed on American Idol, the name “Osama” trended on Twitter as viewers tweeted about his appearance.
3. Organizers of the six-year-old Jaipur Literature Festival expressed satisfaction that it has grown every year, not only in attendance, but also in arrest warrants.
4. The Indian government announced that it is developing a watch-like, GPS-equipped device that would allow women in danger to push a button and send a text message to the nearest police station as well as family members.
5. An Indian-American was named president of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus