DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Four Indian-Americans announced their
candidacy for the seven-member town council of
Morrisville, a town of about 20,000 people in North
2. An Indian-American woman announced her candidacy for mayor of Long Beach, California.
3. An Indian-American teenager announced his candidacy for official mascot of the Atlanta Falcons.
4. After the Zimbabwe cricket team lost to India 0-5 in an ODI series, Zimbabwe coach Andy Waller sent his players to the Indian dressing room to get some tips.
5. Nine-time Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis called Indian Olympian Milkha Singh in Chandigarh after watching the movie Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus