DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. A Bangalore-based entrepreneur bought a franchise for Muree Brewery, allowingthe Pakistani beer to be made and sold in India.
2. India’s first state-owned women’s bank opened in Mumbai, focused on employingwomen and lending to women.
3. A Norwegian businessman said he plans to produce ham from reindeer meat thatMuslims can eat.
4. Conservative commentator Dinesh D’Souza sent out a tweet that referred toPresident Obama as “Grown-Up Trayvon.”
5. A Russian superstore advertised its toilet seats througha billboard showing a sari-clad Indian woman reclining against a white toiletseat, along with the words “I’m looking for a white friend.”
(All 5 really happened)
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus