DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
How much do you know about current events in India and the U.S.? Try this short quiz!
1. Arun Rath, weekend host of the NPR show “All Things Considered,” ended an interview with comedian Hari Kondabolu by saying, “Hari, thanks, yaar.”
2. English women’s cricket player Danielle Wyatt tweeted a marriage proposal to India’s top batsman Virat Kohli during the World Twenty20 tournament.
3. An Indian-American professor at a state university in Maryland was convicted of defrauding the U.S. government and students of $700,000 in research grants.
4. Republican Dr. Vanila Singh, running for Congress from California’s Silicon Valley, declared that her campaign would be “anything but vanilla.”
5. Narendra Modi acknowledged publicly that he has a wife.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus