Learn Indian English, Lesson 5
Try to use Indian words in your everyday speech:
1. After watching a movie with some friends: "It was not great, but just timepass."
2. At your college reunion: "It's so good to see some of my batchmates."
3. At a school board meeting: "The school gymnasium is in bad shape. It needs some serious upgradation."
4. When speaking to a client: "Something has just come up and I'm going to be very busy next week. Can we possibly prepone your appointment?"
5. When picking up a friend at the airport: "Don't worry, I have a big car. Your luggage will easily fit into the dickey."
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus