Quota of Quotes
“I genuinely didn’t think I was going to win, because all the websites said I was going to lose. I’m glad we won this one, because it would’ve really sucked to lose two of these in a row.”
– Comedian Aziz Ansari, star of the Netflix show Master of None, accepting the Golden Globe award for best actor in a musical or comedy television series, the first actor of Asian descent to win the award.
“I don’t want her to ever be forgotten. This community cares for each other, especially the way she touched our hearts, so we are here to honor her the way she should have been honored in the first place.”
– Eugene Champagne, a Richardson, Texas, man who donated a granite bench as a permanent memorial to Sherin Matthews, the 3-year-old Indian girl who went missing and was found dead in a culvert in October. Her adoptive father and mother have been charged with felony injury and child endangerment respectively. (PTI)
“I did not expect to be so effective by such an early age. If you have one part drive and maybe one part naivety or foolishness, you can do anything.”
– Samir Lakhani, 24, who established the Eco-Soap Bank, which has four soap recycling centers across Cambodia, providing jobs to 35 local women. (CNN)
“I am not afraid of entering politics; I am only afraid of the media. Powerful men are terrified of the media. I am still a child; imagine how it will be for me.”
– Tamil actor Rajnikanth, announcing that he will form a political party and contest all 234 seats in the Tamil Nadu assembly elections. (Times of India)
“I am happy today. I had
worked hard. For long, I had cherished
the dream of completing my
masters ... the young should concentrate
on their education and
not on career alone.”
– Raj Kumar Vaish, a 98-year-old man who received a master’s degree in economics at the 12th annual convocation of Nalanda Open University in Patna. He had earned his bachelor’s degree more than 75 years earlier. (PTI)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus