QUOTA of QUOTES
“Don’t worry, Mr. President. I’ll see you at your trial.”
– Tweet from Senator Kamala Harris, responding to Donald Trump’s tweet that he will miss her in the presidential race. Harris suspended her presidential campaign on December 3.
“It confirms to me that sometimes things you dream about do come true.”
– University of Utah ecologist Nalini Nadkarni, who received a one-of-a-kind doll in her likeness after helping National Geographic and Barbie develop a line of career dolls and playsets, including Wildlife Conservationist, Astrophysicist, Polar Marine Biologist, and Entomologist.
“I can’t watch my past shows. When
I see my work, I don’t enjoy it. I only end
up being more critical.”
– Actor and comedian Vir Das, who has been cast with Preity Zinta in a Fresh Off the Boat spin-off about a motel-owning Indian family. (Entrepreneur.com)
“It looks like our movement
has won, and defended our socialist
City Council seat for working people
against the richest man in the world.”
– Recently re-elected Seattle Councilmember Kshama Sawant, referring to Jeff Bezos, whose company, Amazon, funneled $1.5 million into a political action committee (PAC) to defeat Sawant and other candidates. (Seattle Times)
“What’s absolutely distressing
is that people think that it’s justifiable
for the protectors of law to take
law into their own hands like this.”
– Lawyer and women’s rights activist Prabhsahay Kaur, on the Hyderabad police’s killing of four men suspected of raping and killing a veterinarian. (CBC.ca)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus