Chai & Just Chat: Interpersonal Relationships
Chai & Just Chat:
Cultural Conditioning, Challenging, Conflicting, Cooperating
with Banyan Way
The proposed panel discussion on October 6, 2018 at the Chai & Just Chat is designed to encourage discussion about cultural heritage on relationship preferences among first and second generation immigrants. Experts will further discuss communication gap between parents and adult children, unique challenges, millennial inspired vocabulary, technology and familial cultural impact on interpersonal relationships.
October Chai and Just Chat is in collaboration with Banyan Way. BanyanWay combines traditional and modern matchmaking for Indian-Americans in the US. The power of public dialogue between subject matter experts, parents, millennials, and relationship counselor will offer thoughts and wisdom on maintaining individuality yet strengthening relationships, red flags to look for, healthy dating relationships, social media norms, and arranged vs. love marriage.
Additionally power couples and singles / divorcees will offer testimonials that desribes how they have embraced challenges and overcome obstacles.
What’s in it for you:
After the Chai & Just Chat, it is anticipated that we will accomplish the following:
- Examine the importance of interpersonal skills for both the second generation & third generation immigrants in interpersonal relationship context
- Understand the interpersonal accommodation and the role of culture, tradition and family influence in interpersonal relationships
- Differentiating cross cultural approach vs cultural identity approach in building healthy relationships
- Improving the communicative capability and reduce the communication gap or dilemma that arises between immigrant parents when the adult children are ready for marriage
- Maintaining cultural norms when looking for a partner while addressing the unique challenges among the divorced, widowed and older single individuals
Findings, conclusions and action plans resulting from our Chai & Just Chat will help broader understanding of interpersonal relationship challenges and opportunities for immigrant families and the strategies to tap in to healthy influences of culture on behavior.
Date: Sat, Oct 6, 2018 (Register by October 3)
Venue: Johns Creek Event Center, 11455 Lakefield Dr, Johns Creek, GA 30097