COVID-19 In-depth info for Indians in Atlanta/Georgia. Click here
Erasing Borders Festival of Indian Dance: Submission Deadline April 1
4/1/2015 5:00 PM
Erasing Borders Festival of Indian Dance:
SUBMISSIONS are NOW OPEN.
Deadline for submission: April 1, 2015.
Festival: August - September 2015.
Venue: New York City.
Festival of Indian Dance
|August 19 / August 28-29 2015
DEADLINE: April 1, 2015
The Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) invites applications from dancers, dance companies and choreographers across the world to present works of the highest standards of quality and artistic excellence sharing movement, heritage and inspiration from the Indian subcontinent.
- Completed “Section I-Applicant Information” of the Application Form.
- Completed "Section II-Project Information" of the Application Form, for each proposed work. Works not accompanied by this form may not be considered. (In the Artistic Statement give a description of the work and reference your movement aesthetic and inspiration). Please include Artistic Credits for each proposed piece including music, choreography and performers. If there is more than one performer/primary applicant, please include detailed bios of each performer.
- Digital video recording (via YouTube link) of the performance pieces you want showcased at the festival.
- 3-4 high resolution digital photos of primary applicant/ additional performers if applicable (via dropbox) with Photo Credits.
- Application Fee of $20.
- You may submit multiple works. Applicants are requested to send the entire video recording of the proposed works (not excerpts or sampling of past works) for the review process.
- Only professional level performances will be considered for the festival.
- Our selections will be limited to pieces that are less than 15 minutes or shorter subject to the discretion of the curators, so please bear this in mind when you submit your application.
- Applicants who were featured in the past 2 years will not be considered again so we can give a fair chance to everyone.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Submission deadline: April 1, 2015
We are only accepting digital applications this year.
Please download the MS Word application form, fill it up completely and submit your application along with supporting material via dropbox (Get your free account here for 2GB https://www.dropbox.com/). Please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org when you submit the completed application . The deadline is April 1, 2015. Please submit your application fee by Paypal (details below).
If absolutely impossible to submit a digital application, you may send in a "cued, non-returnable video/DVD", high resolution photos of all performers on a separate CD and the rest of your application together in ONE PACKAGE to:
Indo-American Arts Council
Erasing Borders DANCE FESTIVAL 2015
517East 87th Street, Suite 1B
New York, NY 10128
For information contact: email@example.com or visitwww.iaac.us
* Application Fee $20
|Registration fee may be through Pay pal (using any credit card) Click here >> or via cheque to the address above.
Back to Events...
Sign up for our weekly newsletter