COVID-19 In-depth info for Indians in Atlanta/Georgia. Click here
Georgia Organizer Academy 2019
10/17/2019 3:00 PM
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Atlanta, Southeast Immigrant Rights Network (SEIRN), SPARK Reproductive Justice, Adoptees for Justice and Atlanta's Radical Art Community is proud to present the second annual Organizer Academy! This year's Organizer Academy theme is "Resilience in 2020 and Beyond" for all Georgia communities.
*Please note that this year's Academy will give first priority to community members in Georgia as we wish to focus on building a stronger statewide network of new organizers.
When: Thursday, October 17 starting at 3:00PM through Sunday, October 20 closing at 3:00PM
Where: Asian Americans Advancing Justice—Atlanta,
5680 Oakbrook Parkway, Suite 148 Norcross GA 30093
Deadline to apply: 11:59PM EST Tuesday, 9/17. All applicants will be notified of admission no later than close of business Monday, 9/23.
Registration fee: $50, paid upon admission into program. Scholarships are available!
We reserve the right to engage applicants in a brief interviewing process.
Register now: http://bit.ly/gaorganizeracademy
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Esther Lim at email@example.com.
Oct 17 at 3 PM – Oct 20, 2019 at 3 PM
- Exploring the intersections in our communities’ oppression, resistance, liberation, resilience, and healing
- Practicing transformative justice over hyper-punitive retribution
- Engaging in art as healing and resistance
- Dipping your toes in strategic campaign planning
- Developing a healing practice to sustain yourself as an organizer and human
- Collectively discussing strategies to disrupt transnational white supremacy, imperialism, colonialism, and more
Back to Events...
Sign up for our weekly newsletter