DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. An Afghan-American lawmaker in California introduced a bill that would outlaw caste discrimination in the state.
2. Mumbai police filed charges against an Indian- American man for smoking and being unruly on an Air India flight.
3. A Canadian Sikh set a Guinness World Record for longest beard, measured at 8 feet 3 inches.
4. Women wearing sarees competed in a two-day soccer tournament in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
5. Eight teams participated in the Gwalior tournament, which was called “Goal in Saree.”
(All 5 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus