DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Just before the launch of the moon mission Chandrayaan-3, scientists from the Indian Space Research Organization visited an Andhra Pradesh temple to pray, carrying a miniature model of Chandrayaan-3.
2. Doctors in Madhya Pradesh successfully removed a 33-pound tumor from the abdomen of a 41-year-old woman who had weighed 108 pounds.
3. An Indian American engineer filed a lawsuit against a missile defense contractor, alleging that he was fired for speaking in Hindi during a video call with a dying relative.
4. Two more Indian Americans, Shiva Ayyadurai and Hirsh Vardhan Singh, announced that they’re running for president, bringing the total to four.
5. Ayyadurai suggested organizing a special Indian American Presidential Debate with CNN’s Manu Raju as the moderator.
(1, 2, 3 and 4 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus