DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Indian actor Rajinikanth announced plans to launch his own political party in Tamil Nadu.
2. A member of Britain’s House of Lords was criticized for tweeting this question: “What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?”
3. Kamala Harris’s husband, Doug Emhoff, responded to the British politician’s tweet, saying, “I do.”
4. A restaurant called Anu’s Kitchen in London printed a leaflet without the apostrophe in its name, triggering much ridicule online.
5. A fire department in Tamil Nadu used two cranes to rescue a female elephant calf that had fallen into a 50-feet deep well.
(1,2, 4 and 5 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus