DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. The government of Maharashtra upheld a Rs. 3.36 crore entertainment tax waiver for a Michael Jackson concert in Mumbai—more than 24 years after the concert took place.
2. After spending about $270 on a New Year’s Day meal at Masala Mantra, an Indian restaurant in Cape Coral, Florida, a group of customers left a tip of $2,020 for the waitress.
3. An American named Ricky Pond received tens of thousands of ‘likes’ on Instagram by dancing to Indian movie songs.
4. India’s top basketball player Satnam Singh Bhamara, who made history in 2015 when he was drafted by the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, was banned for two years for doping.
5. Police in New Delhi arrested 200 people involved in a call-center scheme that convinced 5,000 Americans to contribute more than $20 million to a “Special Fund to Overturn the Election Results.”
(1,2, 3 and 4 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus