DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. An Indian-American man in Texas pled guilty to receiving more than $17 million in loan funds from the Paycheck Protection Program through fraudulent applications and using the money to buy multiple homes and a fleet of luxury cars.
2. An analysis of census data found that 94 percent of first-generation Indian immigrants with children are in stable marriages, the highest family stability among immigrant groups.
3. Former President Donald Trump was awarded Canada’s Order of Merit for “substantially increasing the number of international students and high-skilled immigrants coming to Canada.”
4. Jay Chaudhry, CEO of the cyber security firm Zscaler, became the richest Indian American when his net worth quadrupled to $10.6 billion over the last year.
5. India announced that by 2025 the abbreviation OCI will no longer stand for Overseas Citizen of India, but will instead be Occasional Contributor to India.
(1, 2 and 4 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus