DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. An entrepreneur in Mohali, Punjab, started a company to recycle cigarette butts into toys, cushions and mosquito repellents.
2. The CEO of a Jaipur-based IT company declared a holiday for employees on Sept. 3 so employees could enjoy the release of Netflix’s Money Heist 5.
3. A new study found that members of the Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) own 60 percent of all hotels in the United States.
4. The hotel study found that guests who speak Gujarati get lower rates at only 5 percent of hotels in the U.S.
5. A team of cricketers were removed from a tournament in the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan because of the name they had chosen for themselves: Taliban Cricket Club.
(1, 2, 3 and 5 really happened)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus