DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Seeking a bride, a 29-year-old British man of Pakistani descent purchased a set of billboards that say, “Save me from an arranged marriage.”
2. Manasvi Mamgai, a former Miss India who lives in Los Angeles, won two cars and a home theater system on the TV game show The Price is Right.
3. A new study suggested that tectonic plate movements will cause India to crash into Somalia and Madagascar in 200 million years.
4. The Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry announced that mangoes and pomegranates from India will soon be available in the U.S. through a trade agreement.
5. As part of the agreement, the U.S. will export cherries, alfalfa hay, pork and pork products to India.
(All five really happened)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus