DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. A 21-year-old Tamil Nadu man studying aerospace engineering in Ukraine joined a paramilitary unit to fight Russian troops.
2. Actress and comedian Mindy Kaling created her own imprint, Mindy’s Book Studio, through Amazon to publish books that she selects.
3. Kaling announced that her first book, to be published in October, is a children’s language book called Easy Hindi with Mindy.
4. Aaron Rodgers, the NFL’s reigning Most Valuable Player, revealed that he underwent a 12-day panchakarma, an Ayurvedic method of cleansing the body.
5. Wide receiver Devante Adams responded to Rodgers’ revelation by tweeting, “Not for me. As my mama always said, ‘It’s not wise to punch karma.’”
(1, 2 and 4 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus