DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Connecticut’s General Assembly issued an official citation congratulating “the World Sikh Parliament in recognition of the 36th anniversary of the declaration of Sikh Independence.”
2. The Indian Consulate General in New York blamed the citation on “mischievous elements” attempting to use the General Assembly for “nefarious purposes.”
3. Phoenix Suns guard Chris Paul and NFL players Larry Fitzgerald and Kelvin Beachum became minority investors in the Rajasthan Royals of the Indian Premier League.
4. NBA star Dwight Howard made a trip to Varanasi, calling it “a spiritual journey that has rejuvenated the soul.”
5. Wildlife officers rescued three kangaroos in the forests of West Bengal.
(All five really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus