DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. The Supreme Court of India ruled that all women, regardless of marital status, can seek abortions up to 24 weeks into their pregnancies.
2. A presidential commission unanimously approved a recommendation that would allow H-1B visas to be stamped inside the U.S.
3. Badminton star P.V. Sindhu revealed that legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar gave her a car after she won an Olympic silver medal in 2016.
4. In response to Sindhu’s revelation, Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra tweeted, “Where’s my car?”
5. Fox News host Tucker Carlson claimed that India has not produced a single building since independence as beautiful as the British-built Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai.
(1, 2, 3 and 5 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus