DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. After receiving more than 1,000 fireworks complaints during Diwali celebrations, the Canadian city of Brampton, Ontario, banned fireworks for all occasions.
2. The U.S. Department of Transportation fined Air India $1.4 million for failing to provide timely refunds to passengers after they had their flights canceled or significantly changed.
3. Tulsi Gabbard, a former Democratic congresswoman, joined Fox News as a paid contributor.
4. Praising Gabbard as a trailblazer, Donald Trump tweeted, “The first Hindu in Congress is now the first Hindu at Fox News!”
5. Tired of robberies and vandalism at his North Philadelphia gas station, an Indian American businessman hired security agents with Kevlar vests and AR-15 assault rifles.
(1,2, 3 and 5 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus