DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. The White House announced that the U.S. will provide advanced training for an Indian astronaut at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston.
2. Burglars broke into a Hindu temple in Brazos County, Texas, and stole a donation box and a safe containing valuables.
3. In honor of India’s Republic Day, President Biden hosted a special White House screening of S.S. Rajamouli’s RRR.
4. An e-rickshaw driver in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, was honored for returning a bag he found on the street containing 25 lakh rupees.
5. During a visit to India, New York City stand-up comedian Abby Govindan was mistaken for badminton star P.V. Sindhu by a fan who asked to have his photo taken with her.
(1, 2, 4 and 5 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus