DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Seinfeld actor Jason Alexander apologized for calling
cricket a gay sport.
2. American Pie actor Jason Biggs tweeted during the National Spelling Bee, “I bet that auditorium reeks of tikka massala.”
3. A group of Indian-American spellers demanded that Biggs apologize—for misspelling ‘masala.’
4. Jay Leno added a Tata Nano to his collection of cars.
5. Dunkin’ Doughnuts opened its first store in New Delhi and offered mango doughnuts as one of its selections.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus