Did That Really Happen?
How much do you know about current events in India and the U.S.? Try this short quiz!
1. President Obama apologized to California
Attorney General Kamala Harris for calling her the
“best-looking attorney general.”
2. During oral arguments on California’s same-sex marriage ban, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia referred several times to the state’s Attorney General as “he”—but never apologized.
3. An opinion poll found that 10 million Indians would like to move permanently to the United States.
4. New York hotelier Vikram Chatwal was arrested at a Florida airport for allegedly carrying, among other belongings, six grams of heroin in his underpants.
5. Ford India emphasized the space in its Figo hatchbacks with print ads showing three women bound and gagged in the trunk—then apologized.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus