Did That Really Happen?
1. Mumbai officials voted to ban lingerie-wearing
mannequins in store windows to keep men from
having impure thoughts.
2. A worldwide survey indicated that India is one of the most racially intolerant countries in the world, while Pakistan is considerably more tolerant.
3. After his successful appearance in The Great Gatsby, Amitabh Bachchan has signed deals to make cameo appearances in five more Hollywood movies.
4. Engineering students in Chennai invented a bra that would give an electric shock to an attacker.
5. Outlook India published a list of “The World’s 25 Smartest Indians” that included only four India-based Indians.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus