QUOTA of QUOTES
“Our main concern is just making sure that we feel safe when we come back to this temple to pray. We shouldn’t have to look behind our shoulders or our backs to feel that there is someone out here to get us.”
– Raj Patel, spokesman for the Swaminarayan Temple in Louisville, Kentucky, which was vandalized in late January. A 17-year-old white male has been arrested in connection with the crime. (Louisville Courier-Journal).
“I will tell you this: I am not perfect.
Lord knows, I am not perfect. But I will always
speak with decency and moral clarity
and treat all people with dignity and respect.
I will lead with integrity. And I will speak the
– Senator Kamala Harris of California, officially announcing that she is running for president in 2020.
“The audience is like a child, whose mind is easily diverted. To counter that we have to ensure an interesting story beat every ten minutes.”
– Filmmaker Rohit Shetty, speaking to film students at Whistling Woods International in Mumbai.
“The journey isn’t really about what others are saying about you. It just can’t be. You’re taking all of your power away from you. That’s not where your energy should be. Your energy should be in the things that you have control over.”
– Movie director M. Night Shyamalan,whose latest film Glass has grossed more than $200 million worldwide, his eighth such achievement in a career spanning almost three decades.
“If you had to pick someone to spend a day drinking sparkling water with, he measures up.”
– Comedian Aparna Nancherla, on shooting a Super Bowl commercial with singer Michael Bublé for PepsiCo’s sparkling water brand. (Parade)
“I just signed up! All my fellow South
Asians, let’s make a difference here—it’s so easy,
and one day it could be you or someone you
– Tweet from actress Mindy Kaling, who joined the Be the Match registry to be a potential bone marrow donor for Los Angeles Times journalist Liyna Anwar and others.
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus