Scholarship application deadline: 3/3
GCPS Office of Science, 678-301-7036
Broad Scholarship application deadline approaching
In September, The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation selected Gwinnett County Public Schools as a co-winner of the 2014 Broad Prize for Urban Education. As such, this year’s senior class has the opportunity to apply for $500,000 in scholarships. The scholarship application deadline is fast approaching. Students have until Tuesday, March 3, 2015 to apply. The application process is handled by an outside agency and an independent application review committee composed of admissions and financial aid professionals from colleges and universities reviews application materials submitted. The winners of the 2014-15 Broad Prize scholarship will be announced in May of 2015.
To be eligible for The Broad Prize for Urban Education, applicants must:
1. Graduate from one of the following school districts in 2015: Gwinnett County Public Schools, Georgia or Orange County Public Schools, Florida.
2. Have a minimum weighted cumulative grade point average of 2.75 in their senior year.
3. Enroll full-time at an accredited college, university, community or junior college or vocational/technical program in the fall of 2015 for the entire upcoming academic year.
4. Show academic improvement from the 9th grade to the 11th grade as measured by an improved grade point average.
5. Demonstrate financial need.
6. Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident in possession of a valid Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form I-551, commonly known as a “green card”), or a refugee with a Departure Record (form I-94) showing one of the following designations:
- asylum granted
- alien paroled into U.S. for at least one year
- alien granted stay of deportation due to fear of persecution.
7. Complete a Broad Prize for Urban Education online scholarship application.