DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
How much do you know about current events in India and the U.S.? Try this short quiz!
1. Hours after a Sikh temple in Orangevale, California, held its grand opening, someone spray-painted a swastika and the words “white power” on a sign at its entrance.
2. By a 5-0 vote, the City Council of Seattle, Washington, approved a resolution condemning India’s new Citizenship Amendment Act and the planned National Register of Citizens.
3. India responded to the Seattle resolution by threatening an import tax hike on Starbucks coffee.
4. Asked to name her favorite Indian food at a presidential forum in Iowa, Elizabeth Warren confused many by responding, “Oh ... It’s like big tapioca. … And you serve it with dal and it’s so good.”
5. Following Warren’s appearance at the forum, fellow candidate Bernie Sanders said to her, “We have a serious disagreement on Indian food.”
(1, 2, 4, and 5 really happened.)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? Please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus