DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Only one candidate for Baltimore mayor, former Deputy Attorney General Thiru Vignarajah, showed up for a Democratic debate hosted by the local Fox station.
2. A vegetable vendor in India was praised online for accurately throwing cabbages onto balconies of customers under lockdown.
3. A motorcycle milkman in India was praised for using a funnel and a long pipe to pour milk for customers while following social distancing guidelines.
4. Awarding the Pulitzer Prize for best feature photography to three Associated Press photographers for images of life in Kashmir, the Pulitzer board called it a “contested territory” whose “independence” had been revoked by India through a “communications blackout.”
5. A doctor at a government hospital in Karnataka was caught on video collecting a bribe from a patient before handing over the results of a coronavirus test.
(1, 3, 4 and 5 really happened)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus