DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. The statue of Mahatma Gandhi outside the Indian embassy in Washington, D.C., was defaced with graffiti and spray paint during the protests against police brutality following the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
2. Parle-G, the popular brand of biscuits, recorded its best sales in about eight decades during the coronavirus lockdown in India.
3. An autorickshaw driver in Kerala installed a water container and tap at the side of his vehicle, so passengers could wash their hands before boarding to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
4. NBC announced that its late-night show, A Little Late with Lilly Singh, will return for a second season.
5. Responding to NBC’s announcement, Daily Show host Trevor Noah tweeted, “I love the show, but why do Indians always have to be a little late?”
(1, 2, 3 and 4 really happened.)
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus