DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. More than a dozen Indian-American candidates won state legislature seats across America.
2. A stretch of 101st Avenue in Queens, New York, was co-named Punjab Avenue to honor the Punjabi community in the area.
3. After the election results were announced, an Indian newspaper had a headline that said: “Kamala Harris Wins U.S. Election, Biden too.”
4. Amit P. Mehta, a U.S. District Judge who enjoys the music of Jay-Z, Kanye West, Drake, and Eminem, was selected to preside over the Justice Department’s lawsuit against Google.
5. Meena Harris, the niece of Kamala Harris, drew criticism for tweeting a picture that depicted the vice president-elect as the Goddess Durga slaying President Donald Trump.
(1,2, 4 and 5 really happened.)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus