DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. A survey conducted in September 2020 found that half of Indian Americans reported being discriminated against in the past year, primarily because of skin color.
2. Google apologized after its search algorithm answered the question “What is the ugliest language in India?” with a fact box about Kannada.
3. After being vaccinated in India, many students were told that they need to get vaccinated again by WHO-approved vaccines before attending U.S. colleges and universities this fall.
4. Arizona Department of Corrections issued an apology and blamed miscommunication after staff at a prison cut the beard of a Sikh prisoner.
5. A Chennai boy set a Guinness World Record by climbing 50 stairs in 18.28 seconds while hula hooping.
(All 5 really happened)
More of ChaiTime here:
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips, and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus