DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?
1. Parents in a California city expressed opposition to
yoga classes taught at elementary schools, claiming that
they promote Hinduism.
2. Michael Haley, husband of South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, was deployed to Afghanistan on a year-long mission.
3. The initial batch of India’s $50 tablet computer named Aakash was mostly built in China.
4. Promoting an article about the death of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar, MTV’s website used a photo of Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
5. An MTV host explained to viewers that a “sitar” is what you get when you combine “sitting” with “guitar.”
Compiled and partly written by Indian humorist MELVIN DURAI, author of the novel Bala Takes the Plunge.
[Comments? Contributions? We would love to hear from you about Chai Time. If you have contributions, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome jokes, quotes, online clips and more.]
Enjoyed reading Khabar magazine? Subscribe to Khabar and get a full digital copy of this Indian-American community magazine.
blog comments powered by Disqus